Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My days leading up to New York

Life was stress free. It was as if nothing else mattered in the world besides packing up and leaving. Didn't have a worry in the world, not about work, job hunting, school was finally out of the picture... nothing. I felt like a child again, just so free from all responsibilities. I was able to hang out and live carefree for once. I had a blast with my friends from Mimi's Cafe. It was a coincidence that Ryan & Kari lived in my apartments and that Nick and the boys always came over. Soon enough it was the hot spot for all of us to hang out and do what most college students do...

The best memories were the softball practices. Practicing and playing softball with them made everything even more spectacular about that time. Summer softball is the best because after practices we would come back to our apartments put some chicken on the grill, mix up some drinks and take dips in the pool and the best part about it is that it didnt matter what time it was as long as we were quiet. Everyone and everything was sooo relaxed and thats what I like about my Mimi's friends.

I will admit that I was spoiled through out it all people were so happy and supportive of me. I got a lot of love right before I left. It is weird to think back at it, when people started to hear that I was leaving they were so intrigued. They wanted to be me and leave too. It was great to soak it all in.

What would a summer be without a summer fling. There was no one more interested in me and me more interested in then a very cute boy but I don't want to say names. We had a great time together before I left. It all happened so fast and so many things were happening all of a sudden that life felt so perfect (landing a real job 4 days before I left that allowed me to vacation for a month was also something perfect that happened). At this point, I wanted to question everything because it felt too good to be true but then I realized that everything that I went through in the last year and knew that it was right. I knew it was happening for a reason and that I truly deserved it. God wanted me to be happy and live again. That’s why this time in my life was so neccessary, magical and liberating for me. It's something you want to hold on to for as long as you can because it brings happiness to your heart.

The finale was the peak of it all, I planned everything accordingly because I am an expert (event planning), the day before my flight to NYC was the 3-game softball tournament and the day I gave up my keys to my apartment. Giving my 30 day notice on my apartment was a big deal but I knew more that anything that I wanted to trade it in because I was so tired of my ordinary life there. I was a college bound student the whole time and just wanted to be free from that lifestyle. It was a great apartment with lots of good and bad memories but I knew if I stayed there any longer that I wouldn't be happy living the same ol life. I needed a change and an upgrade, a place for me and my future baby, puppy Juicy!

The softball game was soooo fun, I was spoiled by coach Nick who let me play first base all three games, thank you!, and I did awesome, it was glorious, my softball skills were all intact and we rocked winning all three games. Nothing better then playing your favorite sport, winning and drinking a cold one right out of the trophy cup!

After coming out as champs, turning in my keys the only thing left was to drop off my car and spend the last moments in Fresno with the last person I wanted to be with.

I swear when I was on that plane I was on cloud 9 reminiscing about everything that was happening to me.

No comments: