Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hello New York and Goodbye Fresno!

My graduation gift to New York has turned into a life altering opportunity for me. I have decided to take this time in my life to branch out on a different path for success. Its taking a lot of courage and commitment.
I will be on my way to New York on a one way trip completely taking myself out of my comfort zone for a while and pack up my belongings to leave in storage. This is one of the most courageous things I have done but also one of the most certain decisions I will ever make. Timing has a lot to do with it. I am ready for all opportunities that my arise.
Anyone who knows me knows how great my desire it is to go to New York. It is an intriguing city to me because of its history, Andrew Carnegie and John D. Rockefeller whom I wrote research papers about because I knew they were tied to NY, and the titanic because they were on their way to NY. Sex in the City, okay, I will admit I love that fantasy! When New York comes to mind I think of one word, powerful.
I am ready to explore and experience the life style (and I am ready to minimize mine because they say you can't buy a lot with a million bucks in New York). But that is part of the excitement. I will get to see my Aunts one bedroom apartment, which I have always been curious about. Transportation will be interesting after all I don't like to drive and will admit I sometimes scare people when I'm driving. Fashion will be great! I am ready to broaden my perception of life.
I don't know what I am instore for but I am ready because I know I will not leave empty handed

No comments: