Friday, January 22, 2010

New York Again - Spring 10', 7 days

Being in New York this time around was full of different adventures and a lot of retail therapy. Traveling out town usually means a visit to H&M, Lush and after this trip now Zara. Shopping out of town is one of the most exciting parts for me. I would say 55-65% of my wardrobe is from cities out of town. Also, I didn’t realize that in New York there are no sales taxes on clothes and shoes (min. purchase of $120). Who said New York was expensive?

I also found this little boutique shop called Laila Rowe where I bought about 10-12 pieces of jewelry. It is a new favorite! I was able to catch a great sale on already inexpensive costume jewelry. Everything in that store was something I would wear. The store also sold tights, boots, scarves and etc. I got the cutest tights with sequence on the side and the jewelry pieces are adorable. This shop is unlike any other that I know of in Fresno. The jewelry is of department store quality with lower prices. Pictures are posted.
I will make sure to visit this store every time I’m in New York!

During this trip I enjoyed many “I want to jump out of my skin” experiences. My first day out I revisited Macy’s to shop for make-up and make a video about the wooden escalators. This was fun because Macy’s is one of my favorite places to shop in Fresno. It is my store of choice for make-up, jewelry, bags and shoes so I saved my buys for the grandest Macy’s in the world, the one in New York on 34th street.

No comments: